As we have heard time and again, abstinence-only sexual education doesn’t work.
Now, a task force of public health experts has found no evidence that abstinence-only sexual education programs cut teens’ risk of sexually transmitted disease, HIV, or pregnancy.
But the panel finds that sex ed that includes information about condoms and delaying sexual initiation does work by:
* Reducing the number of teens who have sex.
* Reducing the frequency of sexual activity in teens who have sex.
* Reducing the number of sex partners in teens who have sex.
* Reducing sexually transmitted infections.
* Increasing use of condoms and other methods of birth control.
For more, click here.