This article first appeared on the Good Vibrations Magazine.
- Thousands of couples across Asia swamped marriage registries and held mass weddings on Friday, believing that the quirk of the calendar makes 11/11/11 the most auspicious date in a century.
- Founder of fridae.com, Stuart Koe, steps down after 10 years, in controversial circumstances. Fridae has made supporting the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community across Asia. Stuart’s blog entry is here.
- SlutWalk Singapore and the Police. Police have nightmare about boobs. Another piece on Wall Street about SlutWalk is l: here: How will SlutWalk play in Singapore?
- Singapore’s first male porn actor revealed! A commentary about him is here.
- Do you really need to be asking me why Singaporeans are not having sex? 1 in 5 S’pore employees work more than eleven hours daily: survey
- On underage sex and statutory rape in Singapore
- Commentary: Would the real SPG please stand up? SPG stands for Sarong Party Girl
- Foreign workers ogling at women but gawkers ‘haven’t broken the law’
- Students plan ambush for pervert-stalker
- S’porean women have height issues when finding dates. Lunch Actually’s annual Regional Dating Survey indicated that out of 640 Singaporean respondents, 70 per cent of the women surveyed said they will not date a shorter man.
- Teen, neighbour had sex with 13-year-old girl
- Boyfriend proposes by renting taxi for a day, gets startup to help
- Malacca Chief wants to amend Syariah law to prosecute gay men and lesbians despite existing laws, Pahang to follow
- Police have recorded statements from 50 people over the past few days to facilitate investigations into the annual sexuality rights festival. Deputy Inspector-General of Police Datuk Seri Khalid Abu Bakar said more people would be called up. A total of 154 reports had been made against the annual Seksualiti Merdeka festival. He also added that people should not be ignorant and be more sensitive when it comes to issues involving religion. More here: Politics got in the way in the struggle of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) communities seeking to be heard. A forum letter is here.
- No sign of sex services at massage centres in Kuala Lumpur
- Doctored nude pictures of four teachers in raunchy scenes have sparked a furore in Malacca.
- There’s little sex education in China, but it hasn’t stopped young people from having sex. The rates of premarital sex, unwed pregnancy and abortion are testament to that.
- The bedroom has become the latest target in a campaign to make “happiness” keep up with unbridled economic growth in the southern Chinese province of Guangdong, with a senior local official pledging to improve the sex lives of singletons.
- Chinese Couples Rush to the Altar on 11/11/11
- Chinese Man Proposes to Girlfriend, Backed by Giant Dancing Carrots
- Competition for Brides Fuels High China Savings
- At least five gay men have reported being attacked by several men – although it’s too early to know if it’s the same attackers involved – last week in the South Korean capital city of Seoul.
View last’s week Sex News in Asia here.
Disclaimer: Some of these media reports may portray sex and sexuality in a negative light. I am merely re-reporting them and may not always agree with the reports or opinions expressed.
Dr. Martha Lee is Founder and Clinical Sexologist of Eros Coaching in Singapore. She is a certified sexologist with American College of Sexologists with a Doctorate in Human Sexuality from Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality. She is available to provide sexuality and intimacy coaching for individuals and couples, conduct sexual education workshops and speak at public events in Asia. For more, visit www.eroscoaching.com.