This article first appeared on the Good Vibrations Magazine.
- The Ministry of Education (MOE) has drafted a revised Sexuality Education Programme (SEP) to boost emphasis on abstinence over contraception. The first report appeared in The New Paper.
- Letter by Rev. Yap on MOE’s revision of sexuality education on The Online Citizen
- My letter Sexuality education is not just about physical act on PublicHouse
- Police the criminal, do not blame the victim
- Sex trade goes online.
- Police smash online prostitution ring run out of rented condo
- Burglar cum molester could face corrective training
- Teacher pleads guilty to affair with 14-year-old student
- Book review: I will survive explores the lives of 21 GLBT people in Singapore. The ebook can be purchased now.
- Former beauty queen proud to be plastic: She has gone for 10 cosmetic procedures
- Australia says Bali tattoo likely gave patient HIV. Another report is here.
- Siti Maimunah, 19, a resident of Genuk subdistrict in Semarang, Central Java, has declared herself a male named Muhammad Prawirodirjoyo following a verdict by a local court.
- Indonesian maid brutally raped in Saudi Arabia
- A Japanese blogger explores changing attitudes towards male cross-dressers: ‘Cross-dressers are okay so long as they’re pretty’
- In China, a daring few challenge one-child limit
- Popular Hong Kong star, Cecilia Cheung, is angered by a controversial art expo staged in Nanjing, China, by the infamous “naked headmaster”model, Yang Linchuan, which featured a nude painting of the 31-year-old star
- Homosexuality is not a psychiatric disorder: Hong Kong College of Psychiatrists – making it the first psychiatric or psychological professional body in Asia known to have done so.
- Chopsticks: Hong Kong’s first lesbian-themed musical
View last’s week Sex News in Asia here.
Disclaimer: Some of these media reports may portray sex and sexuality in a negative light. I am merely re-reporting them and may not always agree with the reports or opinions expressed.