It’s every Nov 11 which coincidentially falls on a new moon.
First started in China in the 1990s as a way for singletons to celebrate their status, Singles’ Day got a boost in 2009 after e-commerce giant Alibaba used it to push online sales.
It has since morphed into the world’s biggest shopping event that generated more than 57.1 billion yuan (S$12.8 billion) in sales in a single day for Alibaba last year. In contrast, Cyber Monday in the United States only managed to rack up US$2.29 billion (S$3.3 billion) in sales the same year.
When we tell people we are single, we invariably get asked, “Why are you still single?” as if it is a bad thing. It might invariably cloud the way we think about our status, and the way we view ourselves. Have you given it any deeper thought?
If you are single, what does being single mean to you?
How is it like being single?
How might the way you feel about being single be affecting you?
And what could you do to improve where you are at?
If you are single, there are two dating books I like to recommend:
Conscious Dating by David Steele
If Buddha Dated by Charlotte Kasi
OFFER FOR SINGLES
Free 15-min exploratory phone or skype session on how I can support/ help you
It is simply not true that you need to be partnered to seek support about your sexuality.
Simply book a time with the word “singles day” here.
Note this offer is for those who never been in contact with me previously and for booking till 13 Nov.
For everybody else, be sure to check out:
- Red Tent for ladies this Wed
- Art of Feminine Presence workshop – full day this Sat
- For men: Conscious Vagina on 26 Nov
- Vaginismus (phobia with penetrative sex) – This is my online offering www.eroscoaching.com/sex-possible
- Early ejaculation – This is my online offering www.eroscoaching.com/rgsg.
- Sex reboot – This is my online offering www.eroscoaching.com/sex-jumpstart
- Listen to my interview with Laura-Doe on How do we talk about sex? from last Friday. She gave amazing advice about sex talk with your children, as well as the importance of sexual communication with your partner.
- I will be speaking about sex before, during and after baby at Primetime on Tues 24 Nov. Non-members may register.
- Come January, I will be presenting at Sydney Festival of Really Good Sex 2016.
- If you miss it, this is my post about public vs. private shaming from last week.
Who is Martha?
Dr. Martha Tara Lee is Founder and Clinical Sexologist of Eros Coaching. She is a certified sexologist with a Doctorate in Human Sexuality. She provides sexuality and relationship coaching for individuals and couples, conducts sexual education workshops and speaks at public events. She is the author of the books Love, Sex and Everything In-Between, and Orgasmic Yoga. She is also the host of the weekly radio show Eros Evolution on OMTimes Radio. For more, visit www.ErosCoaching.com or email email@example.com.