A list of all my articles for ElephantJournal
- Aug 2016 – How the Principles of Sexual Healing apply to our Food, Too.
- Aug 2016 – 7 Actually Helpful Things we can say to those with Cancer & their Families.
- May 2015 – 5 Masturbation Myths Debunked by a Sexologist.
- May 2015 – 13 Reasons Why Masturbation is Awesome.
- Feb 2015 – 7 Areas Where “It’s Enough” is Definitely Not Enough.
- Feb 2015 – 3 Ways to Help Us Better Understand the Men in Our Lives.
- Jan 2015 – What Does It Take to be Extraordinary?
- Jan 2015 – 7 Ways Laughter & Sex are Connected.
- Jan 2015 – How to Graduate from Conscious Wannabe to Conscious Being.
- Jan 2015 – Journaling Your Way to a Better Self: 7 Tips.
- Jan 2015 – The Undoing Of Depression with Discipline.
- Jan 2015 – 7 Ways to Re-examine our Relationship with “No.”
- Dec 2014 – 5 Ways to Get in Touch with Nature (Without Going ‘Au Naturel’).
- Dec 2014 – 5 Things About Sexual Communication We Won’t Learn from 50 Shades of Grey.
- Nov 2014 – 7 Things to Bear In Mind When Communicating With Your Woman
- Nov 2014 – 7 Ways to Deepen Your Relationship with Your Body.
- Nov 2014 – 7 Things to Bear in Mind When Communicating With a Man.
Aug 18, 2016 – Latest piece: “7 Actually Helpful Things we can say to those with Cancer & Their Families”
Dec 7, 2014 – My 4th piece “5 Things About Sexual Communication We Won’t Learn from 50 Shades of Grey”
Nov 16, 2014 – My third piece “7 Things to Bear in Mind When Communicating with Your Woman”
Nov 15, 204 – My second piece: “7 Ways to Deepen Your Relationship with Your Body”
Nov 10, 204 – I had been following and resharing the articles on ElephantJournal for more than two years before it occurred to me to contribute towards it. This was my first piece ever!
Who is Martha?
Surrounded by friends who were sexually inhibited and struck by dire lack of positive conversations around sex and sexuality in Singapore, Dr. Martha Tara Lee decided to take it upon herself to right this societal injustice in 2007. She set out to make a positive difference in embarking on her doctorate in human sexuality, then launching Eros Coaching in 2009. Today, she remains dedicated to working with individuals and couples who wish to lead self-actualised and pleasure-filled lives.
Since 2011, she has been (and still is) the only certified sexuality educator by the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) in Singapore. This accolade is only for those who meet the stringent requirements determined by AASECT, which is the leading professional organization for sexuality educators, sexuality counselors and sex therapists in the United States. In short, she strives to be the one of the best sexologists in the world.
She takes prides in making sure all her events are fun, educational, and sex-positive. This comes easily to her because even though she is extremely dedicated and serious about her work, she fundamentally believes that sex is meant to be fun, wonderful, amazing and sacred. As such, this serious light-heartedness has shone through again and again. You can read the testimonials she’s received over years here.
Often cited in the local media, Dr. Lee is the appointed sex expert for Men’s Health Singapore, and Men’s Health Malaysia. She was recognised as one of ‘Top 50 Inspiring Women Under 40′ by Her World in July 2010, and one of ‘Top 100 Inspiring Women’ by CozyCot in March 2011. She has published two books: Love, Sex and Everything In-Between, and Orgasmic Yoga. For her full profile, click here. Email her here.