You may have seen this advertised on Facebook…
Gaia.com is the new-age/ spiritual version of Netflix.
And since I spend so much time watching films/ videos, I’ve subscribed to it.
People are often surprised that an academically accomplished person like myself (with four degrees) is also spiritual.
In fact, I used to hide my spiritual side for fear of preventing clients who need help to seek my support.
In reality, it is when our professional and personal lives meet and is congruent that we are at harmony, and performing at an optimal level.
We need to give ourselves permission to be ourselves, to be free, to be brave… and to be real.
I always believe that in being real, I support others to be brave and to also be real.
Lots of that in my third book From Princess to Queen.
It’s been two weeks since my subscription to Gaia and these are my new revelations on love
(and maybe not so new to you):
- “Energy blocks” can happen in our bodies due to suppressed/ stuck emotions. Over time, they can lead to dis-ease.
- These same “blocks” can cause our little heart flutter to come out as something different to other people repealing them. Mindfulness and healing ourselves can help.
- Instead of thinking we need to constantly “work” on ourselves so as to be happy, we need to be happy as is, “being” ourselves, and viewing ourselves as whole and complete as we are.
- We shouldn’t wait to “work” on ourselves or be spiritual to be nice. We need to be nice now. Niceness is love.
- When we help others, we help ourselves. We should be nice, love, help in spite of the possibility of getting nothing out of it… because when we say no, we close ourselves. And we are actually hurting ourselves!
- There will always be people who will judge/ project/ be bad to us – it’s their own stuff. Instead of shutting down, “take it all” and really die to self. It is when we do so and transcend it that we can attain our internal ecstasy.
I’m not sure if you understand it all, but ‘m not inclined to explain further.
Do meditate on it this festive season. It’s profound stuff and it speaks to me as… truth!
Even if you don’t understand, the bottomline is be nice (and I say this to myself too!).
Don’t leave your life in shackles.
About Dr. Martha Tara Lee
Surrounded by friends who were sexually inhibited and struck by dire lack of positive conversations around sex and sexuality in Singapore, Dr. Martha Tara Lee set out to make a positive difference in embarking on her doctorate in human sexuality before launching Eros Coaching in 2009. Today, she remains dedicated to working with individuals and couples who wish to lead self-actualised and pleasure-filled lives.
She also holds certificates in counselling, coaching and sex therapy, and her fourth degree – a Masters in Counselling in May 2018. In practice for more than nine years, she is the only certified sexuality educator and certified sexuality educator supervisor by the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) in Singapore.
Often cited in the local media, Dr. Lee is the appointed sex expert for Men’s Health Singapore, and Men’s Health Malaysia. She was recognised as one of ‘Top 50 Inspiring Women Under 40′ by Her World in July 2010, and one of ‘Top 100 Inspiring Women’ by CozyCot in March 2011. She is the host of weekly radio show Eros Evolution on the OMTimes Radio Network. She has published three books: Love, Sex and Everything In-Between, Orgasmic Yoga and From Princess to Queen.
Martha works with individuals and couples in private coaching sessions, and conducts her own workshops. She takes prides in making sure all her workshops are also fun, educational, and sex-positive. This comes easily to her because even though she is extremely dedicated and serious about her work, she fundamentally believes that sex is meant to be fun, wonderful, amazing and sacred. As such, this serious light-heartedness has shone through again and again. For her full profile, click here. Email her here.