Date(s) - 01/05/2018
8:45 am - 6:00 pm
How do we heal from feeling beaten, bend, and broken?
Let’s go deeper into learning, understanding, and healing from relationship wounds (not necessarily romantic).
Spend the day with us as we address:
- Love, Sex and Everything In-Between (Talk)
- Coming Back to Your Centre (Workshop)
- Being Man/ Being Woman (Workshop)
- Coming Back to Your Heart (Workshop)
These sessions will be interactive, intimate, and personal. There is an emphasis in maintaining safety and confidentiality, as well as in all present being non-judgmental, respectful of others, and thinking of others in their best light possible. All emotions and tears are welcomed.
1) Talk: Love, Sex and Everything In-Between (1 May, 9 – 10:30a.m.)
Multiple-book author Clinical Sexologist and Relationship Counselor Dr. Martha Tara Lee has worked with more than 1,300 individuals and couples combined face-to-face, as well as at least another 2,500 people over 450 events over the last seven years. She has crunched her thoughts, reflections and insights about love, sex, and relationships into 12 points! This will be an extremely beneficial talk for those who are in a long-term relationship and seeking to understand how to keep the romance, passion, and love alive and burning in spite of differences of personality, raising of kids, and multiple other challenges that might arise (or already have arose) through the years! Since we don’t know what we don’t know – we can only get ahead by acquiring information, knowledge, and skills the same way we would any other area of our lives. Get over any fear, inhibitions or shame you might have, because life is too short for regrets. Get your doubts and questions answered once and for all! Pay for just the talk here.
2) Workshop: Coming Back to Your Centre (1 May, 11 – 1p.m.)
With modernisation, higher education, and technological advancements, many of us are brought up to use and be in our logical minds (heads). We may not know how to trust our emotions (hearts), and understand even less about how to use our intuition (gut). In this workshop, Clinical Sexologist and Relationship Counselor Dr. Martha Tara Lee will explain tantric principles of femininity and masculinity, and why these concepts can support you in navigating relationships. Through interactive activities, she will demonstrate how to come back to your centre. These practices will shift your energy, change your presence, and transform your life!
3) Workshop: Being Man/ Being Woman (2 – 4p.m.)
Many people (men and women) who are negatively affected, and remain wounded from past sexual experiences. While aware of past wounds, shock, even trauma, they remain unsure about how to seek healing and closure for themselves. The pain and confusion around how to navigate being man and woman is beyond gender. It’s about conscious relating, and being seen and heard as who we really are – human. Let’s dialogue, and heal.
4) Workshop: Coming Back to Your Heart (4:30 – 6p.m.)
Let go of the fear of getting hurt. It is possible to love even when it hurts. We will end the day with a beautiful practice of Coming Back to Your Heart, followed by appreciations. There will be a powerful witnessed heart meditation, and a re-commitment to keep your heart open.
Date: Tues 1 May 2018
Time: 9a.m. – 6p.m. (Please arrive by 8:45a.m.)
Fee: S$20 for talk per person; $280 for whole day per person
Venue: Tembeling Road Singapore 423582 (Exact address to be disclosed)
- Who are these workshops for? – For individuals or couples who wish to learn more about love and healing from emotions wounding in relationships – regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, race, religion, or nationality.
- I don’t have a partner to come with. – This event is being offered to individuals or couples at this time so it is a non-issue. If you attend with your partner, you’d get to use the same terms/ vocabulary after the event – makes life easier! You also have the option to attend with a friend! It’s fun to learn together!
- But… I’m shy! – Don’t worry. You will never be forced to do or say anything. Many participants in the past have chosen to just sit and learn without saying a word. We respect individual choice.
- How can I persuade my partner to attend this? – Do explain that I’ve been running such events for coming to eight years, and every single person who has attended my event has said they overcame their resistance and are glad they attended it. I suggest you encourage your partner by saying that there will other shy people there too, and everybody attending are there to learn to improve their lives!
- Will there be nudity? – No.
- Will there be touch? – No.
- Will you be doing any hands-on demo on a person. – No.
- Do you need any live model? – No, and we are not looking.
- Can you give me a discount? – No. We have costs including for the venue + refreshments.
- Ratio of discussion to experiential? – About 50/50 percent.
- What should I bring? – A wrap or sweater in case it gets cool. A water bottle is advisable. Tea, coffee and light snacks will be provided.
- What should I wear? – Please come wearing loose-fitting comfortable clothes so you have the option of sitting on the floor.
- What is your refund policy? – Please note that no refunds are possible once you have paid and cannot make it for the workshop. Replacement allowed.
- I am a media member. Can I attend? – We respect the privacy and confidentiality of our participants and will never allow any interview or photography. Do check out our media policy.
- Can I attend the workshops individually? – We are not offering this option this time as we wish to be able to go deeper through the day with the same group of individuals. We may offer these workshops separately in the future.
- Can I pay and just attend some of the workshops? – We are asking you to refrain from attending only part of the day. The latter part of the day build on the earlier part of the day (continuity) and won’t make as much sense if you didn’t attend the first part of the day.
- Why aren’t you disclosing the address? – We’ve had to cancel or postpone events if a minimum attendee number hasn’t been met. We’ve also had people just show up without registering making it very difficult to cater for handouts and refreshments. To provide the best workshop experience, the exact address will only be given to attendees who have pre-paid, can be on time, and can attend the entire event duration stated out of respect to other participants.
Questions? Email Martha here.
About Dr. Martha Tara Lee
Surrounded by friends who were sexually inhibited and struck by dire lack of positive conversations around sex and sexuality in Singapore, Dr. Martha Tara Lee set out to make a positive difference in embarking on her doctorate in human sexuality before launching Eros Coaching in 2009. Today, she remains dedicated to working with individuals and couples who wish to lead self-actualised and pleasure-filled lives.
She also holds certificates in counselling, coaching and sex therapy, and has most recently completed her fourth degree – a Masters in Counselling. In practice for more than seven years, she is the only certified sexuality educator by the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) in Singapore.
Often cited in the local media, Dr. Lee is the appointed sex expert for Men’s Health Singapore, and Men’s Health Malaysia. She was recognised as one of ‘Top 50 Inspiring Women Under 40′ by Her World in July 2010, and one of ‘Top 100 Inspiring Women’ by CozyCot in March 2011. She is the host of weekly radio show Eros Evolution on the OMTimes Radio Network. She has published three books: Love, Sex and Everything In-Between, Orgasmic Yoga and From Princess to Queen.
Martha works with individuals and couples in private coaching sessions, and conducts her own workshops. She takes prides in making sure all her workshops are also fun, educational, and sex-positive. This comes easily to her because even though she is extremely dedicated and serious about her work, she fundamentally believes that sex is meant to be fun, wonderful, amazing and sacred. As such, this serious light-heartedness has shone through again and again. For her full profile, click here. Email her here.