I had set the goal of reading 150 back in 2013, 200 in 2014, 2015 and 2016.
I ended up reading 152 books in 2013, 202 in 2014, 168 in 2015, and 110 in 2016. Though I fell short of reading 200 books in 2016, I intend to read at least 100 books (halved from last year) this year!
Subscribe to my enewsletters here so as to be informed at the end of the year if I achieve this goal!
As per previous years, I’m sorting them into five categories:
- Fun (completely random books I picked up or the sort of thing I read to pass time);
- Spirituality (what I am into it but actually also fun for me);
- Work (not necessarily related to my field but along the lines of business e.g. marketing, customer service, productivity etc);
- Sexuality (I have added this label so you know this book is primarily about sexuality);
- Relationship (self explanatory)
For those interested, this is a complete list of the books I have read in 2016 so far:
- Jan 2 – Sex Tips That Take You Over the Top (Sexuality)
- Jan 2 – Pocket Supersex by Cox, Tracey (Sexuality)
- Jan 2 – After Miscarriage: Medical Facts and Emotional Support for Pregnancy Loss (Sexuality)
- Jan 3 – The first liberation: Freedom from like and dislike (The Sherborne theme talks series) (Spirituality)
- Jan 3 – Indigo Adults: Understanding Who You Are and What You Can Become (Spirituality)
- Jan 4 – Tattered and Mended: The Art of Healing the Wounded Soul (Work)
- Jan 4 – Journey Toward the Heart: Discourses on the Sufi Way (Spirituality)
- Jan 4 – Pryor Convictions: And Other Life Sentences (Spirituality)
- Jan 5 – Wabi Sabi: Timeless Wisdom for a Stress-Free Life (Spirituality)
- Jan 6 – Adventures for Your Soul: 21 Ways to Transform Your Habits and Reach Your Full Potential (Spirituality)
- Jan 7 – AWAKE and Alive (Fun)
- Jan 7 – At Home: From Pot to Pot (Fun)
- Jan 7 – The Sexual State of the Union (Sexuality)
- Jan 7 – Saving Safa: Rescuing a Little Girl from FGM (Sexuality)
- Jan 8 – Issues and Ethics in the Helping Professions, Updated with 2014 ACA Codes 9th Edition (Work)
- Feb 19 – Between the Sheets (Fun)
- Feb 20 – The Personal Shopper (Fun)
- Feb 21 – Modern-Day Miracles: Miraculous Moments and Extraordinary Stories from People All Over the World Whose Lives Have Been Touched by Louise L. Hay (Spirituality)
- Feb 22 – When the Body Says No: Exploring the Stress-Disease Connection (Spirituality)
- Feb 28 – An Introduction to Cognitive Behaviour Therapy: Skills and Applications 3rd Edition (Work)
- Mar 2: The Great Book of Tea
- Mar 3: The Best Teacher in You: How to Accelerate Learning and Change Lives
- Mar 4: Your Survival Instinct Is Killing You: Retrain Your Brain to Conquer Fear and Build Resilience
- Mar 5: Breast Cancer Clear & Simple, Second edition: All Your Questions Answered (Clear & Simple: All Your Questions Answered series)
- Mar 6: The Lazy Teacher’s Handbook: How Your Students Learn More When You Teach Less
- Mar 7: Laughing and Learning: An Alternative to Shut Up and Listen
- Mar 8: Teacherpreneurs: Innovative Teachers Who Lead But Don’t Leave
- Mar 9: Face It: What Women Really Feel as Their Looks Change and What to Do about It
- Mar 9: Essential Tai Ji
- June 15: Gorgeously Green
- June 16: Of Warriors, Lovers and Prophets
- June 23: Ask: Building Consent Culture. Book review here.
- June 29: Thriving in Sex Work: Heartfelt Advice for Staying Sane in the Sex Industry. * Book review here.
- July 4: The Explorer’s Guide to Planet Orgasm by Annie Sprinkle. * Book review here.
- July 5: I Believe You. Book review here.
- July 7: Enlightened Entrepreneurship. Book review heer.
- Reading: Awaken the Giant Within (Work)
- Reading: The Ultimate Guide to Male Sexual Health (Sexuality) *
- Reading: Jewel in the Lotus (Sexuality) *
- Reading: The Essence of Tantric Sexuality (Sexuality)
- Reading: The Commitment Dialogues (Relationship)
- Reading: Synchro Destiny (Spirituality)
- Reading: The Athena Doctrine (Sexuality)
- Reading: The Mind: Leading Scientists Explore the Brain, Memory, Personality, and Happiness
- Reading: Teach Yourself How To Think
- Reading: Eco-Sex: Go Green Between the Sheets and Make Your Love Life Sustainable
- Reading: Hot Sex: Over 200 Things You Can Try Tonight!
- Reading: Essential Research Findings in Counselling and Psychotherapy: The Facts are Friendly
- Reading: Play: How it Shapes the Brain, Opens the Imagination, and Invigorates the Soul
- Reading: Touching: The Human Significance of the Skin
- Reading: The Sex Inspectors Master Class: How to Have an Amazing Sex Life by Tracey Cox
- Reading: Confessions of the Hundred Hottest Porn Stars
- Reading: Romancing the East: A Literary Odyssey from the Heart of Darkness to the River Kwai
- Reading: The Commitment Dialogues
I will be updating this post periodically!
If you like to recommend that I read a book, or review yours, please drop me an email at email@example.com (I do reserve the final decision though. Wink.)