Date(s) - 15/04/2018
2:45 pm - 6:00 pm
It’s one month to Mother’s Day (Sun 13 May 2018), and two months to Father’s Day (Sun 17 June 2018) in Singapore.
If you have unresolved feelings towards your parents, no amount of rationality can work away the negativity that comes up when you talk, or think about them. This, of course, doesn’t make being around them any easier either. You find yourself unable to stop yourself from being irritated, annoyed, frustrated about your relationship with them, and don’t know what to do!
If you are an adult-child planning to be a parent or already are a parent, you’d recognise that you need to heal your parent-child relationships issues so as to be the best parents possible for your child! It is possible, and may not be as difficult as you may believe!
In this workshop, Clinical Sexologist and Relationship Counselor Dr. Martha Tara Lee of Eros Coaching will take you through two simple yet powerful processes to heal your father/ mother wound. This workshop will be interactive, intimate, and personal. There is an emphasis in maintaining safety and confidentiality, as well as all present being non-judgmental, respectful of others, and thinking of others in their best light possible. All emotions and tears are welcomed.
Date: Sun 15 April 2018
Time: 3 – 6p.m. (Please arrive by 2:45p.m. Doors will be locked by 3p.m. as this is a deep process we are going into and should not be interrupted.)
Fee: S$68 per person.
Venue: Tembeling Road Singapore 423582 (Exact address to be disclosed)
- Who are these workshops for? – For individuals or couples who wish to heal past hurts from their parent-child relationship – regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, race, or nationality.
- I don’t have a partner to come with. – This workshop is being offered to individuals or couples at this time so it is a non-issue. If you attend with your partner, you’d get to use the same terms/ vocabulary after the workshop – makes life easier! You also have the option to attend with a friend!
- But… I’m shy! – Don’t worry. You will never be forced to do or say anything during the workshop. Many participants in the past have chosen to just sit and learn without saying a word. We respect individual choice.
- How can I persuade my partner to attend these workshops? – Do explain that I’ve been running such workshops for coming to eight years, and every single person who has attended my workshops has said they overcame their resistance and are glad they attended it. I suggest you encourage your partner by saying that there will other shy people there too, and everybody attending are there to learn to improve their lives!
- Will there be nudity? – No.
- Will there be touch? – Yes, but only consensual touch.
- Ratio of discussion to experiential? – About 50/50 percent.
- Can you give discount? – No. We have costs including for the venue + refreshments.
- What should I bring? – A wrap or sweater in case it gets cool. A water bottle is advisable. Tea, coffee and light snacks will be provided.
- What should I wear? – Please come wearing loose-fitting comfortable clothes so you have the option of sitting on the floor.
- What is your refund policy? – Please note that no refunds are possible once you have paid and cannot make it for the workshop. Replacement allowed.
- I am a media member. Can I attend? – We respect the privacy and confidentiality of our participants and will never allow any interview or photography. Do check out our media policy.
- Why aren’t you disclosing the address? – We’ve had to cancel or postpone events if a minimum attendee number hasn’t been met. We’ve also had people just show up without registering making it very difficult to cater for handouts and refreshments. To provide the best workshop experience, the exact address will only be given to attendees who have pre-paid, can be on time, and can attend the entire workshop out of respect to other participants.
Questions? Email Martha here.
About Your Facilitator
Surrounded by friends who were sexually inhibited and struck by dire lack of positive conversations around sex and sexuality in Singapore, Dr. Martha Tara Lee decided to take it upon herself to right this societal injustice in 2007. She set out to make a positive difference in embarking on her Doctorate in Human Sexuality, then launching Eros Coaching in 2009. Today, she remains dedicated to working with individuals and couples who wish to lead self-actualised and pleasure-filled lives.
She also holds certificates in counselling, coaching and sex therapy, and has completed her fourth degree – a Masters in Counselling. In practice for more than seven years, she is the only certified sexuality educator by the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) in Singapore.
Often cited in the local media, Dr. Lee is the appointed sex expert for Men’s Health Singapore, and Men’s Health Malaysia. She was recognised as one of ‘Top 50 Inspiring Women Under 40′ by Her World in July 2010, and one of ‘Top 100 Inspiring Women’ by CozyCot in March 2011. She is the host of weekly radio show Eros Evolution on the OMTimes Radio Network. She has published three books: Love, Sex and Everything In-Between, Orgasmic Yoga and From Princess to Queen.
Martha works with individuals and couples in private coaching sessions, and conducts workshops. She takes prides in making sure all her workshops are also fun, educational, and sex-positive. This comes easily to her because even though she is extremely dedicated and serious about her work, she fundamentally believes that sex is meant to be fun, wonderful, amazing and sacred. As such, this serious light-heartedness has shone through again and again. For her full profile, click here. Email her here.