Date(s) - 28/11/2018
7:15 pm - 10:00 pm
Unit number to be disclosed upon registration
Partnership between Eros Coaching and Sex Positive Singapore
“You are here to learn how to drive your vehicle, which is your body. The mind is a part of the body. If the vehicle moves without a driver, it will inevitably drive into a light post, or worse, down a cliff. If the mind doesn’t have a driver, it is conducted by unconscious impulses. Driving a vehicle means deciding when and where you want to go. This is a metaphor for the state of mental equanimity generated by presence. This is only possible when you are able to occupy your body.”
– Sri Prem Baba
Tantra is a 6,000 year old tradition of unveiling the divine in the profane. This is the practice of ecstatic love, courageous inner freedom, harmonious development, continuous growth and complete and blissful surrender to the divine flow of life.
Our monthly tantra practice circle is an experiential workshop designed to offer you an opportunity to explore the sacred path of Tantra, sacred sexuality, conscious lovemaking tools, sexual healing and awakening, and divine consciousness.
Some intended outcomes:
- Learn the true art of living
- Gain awareness of who we truly are
- Say YES to life
- Embrace body, mind, emotions and relationships
- Open up gateways to fulfillment and spiritual growth
Each month, you will learn several techniques designed to empower your body. Using breath, movement, sound and focus, you will learn to relax, energize, centre and develop a real sense of well-being. There will be methods taught for activating, clearing and balancing your first, second and third chakras (energy centres) which relate to safety, creativity and power.
We would be exploring awareness, breath, energy, movement and opening to the body’s wisdom. We’d be exploring our learned polarities:
- Will vs. Allowing
- Spirituality vs. Sexuality
- Duality vs. Oneness
In bringing all this into alignment, there is no duality, and we embrace it all! You benefit by having some fun, learning something new and transforming your life with little effort – opening to more pleasure!
What you can expect: Each session, we’ll work with 1) energy, 2) breath, 3) awareness of self, and 4) connection to others. Each session offers something for everyone, from beginners to seasoned Tantrikas. There is no explicit sexuality, no nudity and you do not need to attend with a partner. You do need to wear comfortable clothing, be prepared to sit on the floor and bring bottled water.
“Dr Martha’s ongoing tantra workshops are a perfect introduction to the practice. She gives useful exercises that can be done at home, alone or with a partner, and explains the benefits of each activity. I have been interested in tantra for several years and am very happy to have found a coach and fellow practitioner in Singapore. I love that Dr Martha dispels common misconceptions about tantra. Namely, that you must have a partner and that the practice is only about sex. The best part about Dr Martha’s workshops is the safe and freeing environment she creates for participants.” – Anonymous Lady, 13 Feb 2016
“Tantra is liberation, from my beliefs and built-up inhibitions. I haven’t danced to disco since I was a teenager, but here I am doing it. It is expressing myself and what I want which cannot be verbalised in social circles. Need to see how far I can go in this activity. ” – Martin, 10 Feb 2016
Date: 28 Nov 2018
Time: 7:30 – 10p.m. (Please arrive by 7:15p.m. We want to start on time!)
Fee: S$38 per person
Venue: The Commerze @ Irving, 1 Irving Place Singapore 369546 (Unit number to be disclosed)
Directions: Tai Seng MRT exit A. Look for Orange Building, less than 5 mins away.
- Who are these workshops for? – For individuals or couples who wish to learn more about tantra regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, race, religion, or nationality.
- I don’t have a partner to come with. – This workshop is being offered to individuals or couples at this time so it is a non-issue. If you attend with your partner, you’d get to use the same terms/ vocabulary after the workshop – makes life easier! You also have the option to attend with a friend! It’s fun to learn together!
- But… I’m shy! – Don’t worry. You will never be forced to do or say anything during the workshop. We respect individual choice.
- How can I persuade my partner to attend these workshops? – Do explain that I’ve been running such workshops for close to 10 years, and every single person who has attended my workshops has said they overcame their resistance and are glad they attended it. I suggest you encourage your partner by saying that there will be other shy people there too, and everybody attending are there to learn to improve their lives!
- Will there be nudity? – No.
- Will there be touch? – Yes.
- How will you make sure I get to touch somebody of the opposite gender? – Please come with an open mind and be willing to work with people of a gender not of your romantic or sexual attraction. This is a practice session.
- Ratio of discussion to experiential? – About 50/50 percent.
- Can you give discount? – No. We have costs including for the venue + refreshments.
- What should I bring? – A wrap or sweater in case it gets cool. A water bottle is advisable. Light snacks will be provided.
- What should I wear? – Please come wearing loose-fitting comfortable clothes so you have the option of sitting on the floor. Not jeans.
- What is your refund policy? – Please note that no refunds are possible once you have paid and cannot make it for the workshop. Replacement allowed.
- I am a media member. Can I attend? – We respect the privacy and confidentiality of our participants and will never allow any interview or photography. Do check out our media policy.
- Why aren’t you disclosing the address? – We’ve had to cancel or postpone events if a minimum attendee number hasn’t been met. We’ve also had people just show up without registering making it very difficult to cater for handouts and refreshments. To provide the best workshop experience, the exact address will only be given to attendees who have pre-paid, can be on time, and can attend the entire workshop out of respect to other participants.
Questions? Email Martha here.
About Your Facilitator
Surrounded by friends who were sexually inhibited and struck by dire lack of positive conversations around sex and sexuality in Singapore, Dr. Martha Tara Lee set out to make a positive difference in embarking on her doctorate in human sexuality before launching Eros Coaching in 2009. Today, she remains dedicated to working with individuals and couples who wish to lead self-actualised and pleasure-filled lives.
She also holds certificates in counselling, coaching and sex therapy, and her fourth degree – a Masters in Counselling in May 2018. In practice for more than nine years, she is the only certified sexuality educator and certified sexuality educator supervisor by the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) in Singapore.
Often cited in the local media, Dr. Lee is the appointed sex expert for Men’s Health Singapore, and Men’s Health Malaysia. She was recognised as one of ‘Top 50 Inspiring Women Under 40′ by Her World in July 2010, and one of ‘Top 100 Inspiring Women’ by CozyCot in March 2011. She is the host of weekly radio show Eros Evolution on the OMTimes Radio Network. She has published three books: Love, Sex and Everything In-Between, Orgasmic Yoga and From Princess to Queen.
Martha works with individuals and couples in private coaching sessions, and conducts her own workshops. She takes prides in making sure all her workshops are also fun, educational, and sex-positive. This comes easily to her because even though she is extremely dedicated and serious about her work, she fundamentally believes that sex is meant to be fun, wonderful, amazing and sacred. As such, this serious light-heartedness has shone through again and again. For her full profile, click here. Email her here.