Valentine’s Day falls just two days before the Lunar New Year this year, yet this probably won’t deter lovebirds who are seeking to pledge their love, strengthen their relationship, and connect more deeply with each other.
While love is worth celebrating every single day, these are some recommendations for those seeking to do something different (yet all the same special) by going vegan:
- Dine in Style – Vegetarian/ vegan restaurant, Cafe Salivation has a highly anticipated Valentine’s Day Set Menu for two here. Contact them at www.cafesalivation.com. Other recommended restaurants are Joie and Pete’s Place at the Hyatt. This is the Valentine’s dinner offer at Pete’s Place.
- Cook & Eat – Happening on the eve of Valentine’s Day, join JuicyvegAnia as she offers a three-course cooking menu which promises delicious meat- and dairy-free decadence. Details here. Another vegetarian cooking school you could check out for the future is Little Green Kitchen.
- Skip to dessert – Without dairy, eggs, chemicals or gluten, Delcie’s cakes are not just vegan but can also be made to be suitable for diabetics, gluten intolerant and babies. Also check out Pâtisserie Glacé which started in 2008 with the aim of bringing the best of Japan’s cakes, pies and cookies and tarts to Singapore. They have vegan options.
With all these yummy options, you can date without killing lives, and feel good about what you’re eating. Get educated about vegetarianism and veganism here.
Note that I have no vested interest in recommending the above. I’m vegetarian, and wanted to support these enterprises.
Beyond Valentine’s Day…
Join us for these events instead:
- Clean and Clear – Each of us have “stories” that doesn’t serve us any more. Learn to release negative emotions at this workshop.
- Ask Me Anything – Get your pressing sex, love, or relationship questions answered in this no-holds barred session with me!
- The Art of Penis Pleasuring – My most popular workshop returns. Need I say more?
- The Art of Vulva Pleasuring – Ever heard of givers gain? Get even better, not even.
- Sensorium – Expand your senses, and life may never be the same again.
Contrary to belief, we aren’t born knowing how to have sex, or for that matter, have healthy relationships. We learn about how to have sex and navigate relationships. Because happier people make for happier families and society, we owe it to humanity to learn, and grow. Much love this festive season to one and all.
About Dr. Martha Tara Lee
Surrounded by friends who were sexually inhibited and struck by dire lack of positive conversations around sex and sexuality in Singapore, Dr. Martha Tara Lee set out to make a positive difference in embarking on her doctorate in human sexuality before launching Eros Coaching in 2009. Today, she remains dedicated to working with individuals and couples who wish to lead self-actualised and pleasure-filled lives.
She also holds certificates in counselling, coaching and sex therapy, and has most recently completed her fourth degree – a Masters in Counselling. In practice for more than seven years, she is the only certified sexuality educator by the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) in Singapore.
Often cited in the local media, Dr. Lee is the appointed sex expert for Men’s Health Singapore, and Men’s Health Malaysia. She was recognised as one of ‘Top 50 Inspiring Women Under 40′ by Her World in July 2010, and one of ‘Top 100 Inspiring Women’ by CozyCot in March 2011. She is the host of weekly radio show Eros Evolution on the OMTimes Radio Network. She has published three books: Love, Sex and Everything In-Between, Orgasmic Yoga and From Princess to Queen.
Martha works with individuals and couples in private coaching sessions, and conducts her own workshops. She takes prides in making sure all her workshops are also fun, educational, and sex-positive. This comes easily to her because even though she is extremely dedicated and serious about her work, she fundamentally believes that sex is meant to be fun, wonderful, amazing and sacred. As such, this serious light-heartedness has shone through again and again. For her full profile, click here. Email her here.