Date(s) - 28/08/2018
7:15 pm - 9:30 pm
Bakery & Bar
Multiple-book author Relationship Counselor and Clinical Sexologist Dr. Martha Tara Lee has worked with more than 1,300 individuals and couples combined face-to-face, as well as at least another 2,500 people over 450 events over the last seven years.
She has crunched her thoughts, reflections and insights about love, sex, and relationships into 17 points over a two-part series! This will be an extremely beneficial talk for those who are in a long-term relationship and seeking to understand how to keep the romance, passion, and love alive and burning in spite of differences of personality, raising of kids, and multiple other challenges that might arise (or already have arose) through the years!
What will be covered:
- Five Love Languages
- Five Conflict Styles
- Open vs Closed Questions
- Communication about Communication
- Three Relationship Types
- Bursting the Baby Bubble
- Four Types of Touch
- Morning vs Night Person
- Spontaneous vs Responsive Sexual Desire
Since we don’t know what we don’t know – we can only get ahead by acquiring information, knowledge, and skills the same way we would any other area of our lives. Get over any fear, inhibitions or shame you might have, because life is too short for regrets. Get your doubts and questions answered once and for all!
“I have been attending Dr Martha’s recent seminar Signature Relationship Talk out of curiosity having been through some good and not so good recent experiences in my personal partnership myself. I liked her very structured approach to share her own experiences from both work and also personal angle in 17 points I could relate to instantly. The group setting is a plus, great to connect with others on this important life topic. The seminar helped me to take my own learnings on how to improve my relationship skills to the next level and hence I highly recommend this seminar to people serious on how to improve their relationships.” – Chris (recent participant of Signature Relationship Talk), 3 July 2018
“It was an enlightening session with participants sharing thoughts and ideas.” – Anonymous Female, 3 July 2018
“Martha has distilled her wit and wisdom collected over her career as a counsellor and presented them in a very digestible form. The degustation of bite-sized topics provides plenty of stimulation for a lively discussion.” – Steve Ainsworth, Hedonist and Bon Vivant, 28 June 2018
“It has been a very insightful sharing by Martha and fellow participants. Couples who are in a long-term relationship will benefit from it.” – Jean Yang, 1 May 2018
“Openness of the trainer about sex. Topics were explained quite open and supported with examples.” – Anonymous Female, 1 May 2018
“Lessons are well contexualised. Energy sustained was good. Just nice with the group size, and timing.” – Anonymous Male, 1 May 2018
Date: Tues 28 Aug 2018
Time: 7:15 – 9:30 p.m. (We will be starting at 7:30p.m. sharp)
Venue: Bakery & Bar. 112 Telok Ayer Street, Singapore 068581
Directions: Nearest MRT is Telok Ayer MRT (just across the street!). Followed by Raffles Place MRT.
Energy Exchange: $60 per person (includes 1 drink and finger food); S$100 for TWO sessions (part 2 too!)
- Who is this for? – For individuals or couples who wish to learn more about being in successful long-term relationships – regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, race, religion, or nationality.
- I don’t have a partner to come with. – This event is being offered to individuals or couples at this time so it is a non-issue. If you attend with your partner, you’d get to use the same terms/ vocabulary after the event – makes life easier! You also have the option to attend with a friend! It’s fun to learn together!
- But… I’m shy! – Don’t worry. You will never be forced to do or say anything. Many participants in the past have chosen to just sit and learn without saying a word. We respect individual choice.
- How can I persuade my partner to attend this? – Do explain that I’ve been running such events for eight years, and every single person who has attended my event has said they are glad they overcame their resistance and attended it. I suggest you encourage your partner by saying that there will be other shy people there too, and everybody attending are there to learn to improve their lives!
- Will there be nudity? – No.
- Will there be touch? – No.
- Will you be doing any hands-on demo on a person. – No.
- Do you need any live model? – No, and we are not looking.
- Can you give me a discount? – No. We have costs including for the venue + refreshments.
- Ratio of discussion to experiential? – About 50/50 percent.
- What should I bring? – A wrap or sweater in case it gets cool.
- What should I wear? – Please come wearing loose-fitting comfortable clothes so you have the option of sitting on the floor.
- What is your refund policy? – Please note that no refunds are possible once you have paid and cannot make it for the workshop. Replacement allowed.
- I am a media member. Can I attend? – We respect the privacy and confidentiality of our participants and will never allow any interview or photography. Do check out our media policy.
Questions? Email Martha here.
About Dr. Martha Tara Lee
Surrounded by friends who were sexually inhibited and struck by dire lack of positive conversations around sex and sexuality in Singapore, Dr. Martha Tara Lee set out to make a positive difference in embarking on her doctorate in human sexuality before launching Eros Coaching in 2009. Today, she remains dedicated to working with individuals and couples who wish to lead self-actualised and pleasure-filled lives.
She also holds certificates in counselling, coaching and sex therapy, and completed her fourth degree – a Masters in Counselling in 2017. In practice for coming to 10 years, she is the only certified sexuality educator and certified sexuality educator supervisor by the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) in Singapore.
Often cited in the local media, Dr. Lee is the appointed sex expert for Men’s Health Singapore, and Men’s Health Malaysia. She was recognised as one of ‘Top 50 Inspiring Women Under 40′ by Her World in July 2010, and one of ‘Top 100 Inspiring Women’ by CozyCot in March 2011. She is the host of weekly radio show Eros Evolution on the OMTimes Radio Network. She has published three books: Love, Sex and Everything In-Between, Orgasmic Yoga and From Princess to Queen.
Martha works with individuals and couples in private coaching sessions, and conducts her own workshops. She takes prides in making sure all her workshops are also fun, educational, and sex-positive. This comes easily to her because even though she is extremely dedicated and serious about her work, she fundamentally believes that sex is meant to be fun, wonderful, amazing and sacred. As such, this serious light-heartedness has shone through again and again. For her full profile, click here. Email her here.