Date(s) - 18/09/2018
7:15 pm - 9:30 pm
Bakery & Bar
Do you know the difference between hearing and listening?
Have you been told you don’t listen?
In this session, we will practice deep listening – not just for the words, and what they mean… but more…
This is a practice circle where there is no teacher other than life itself.
We want to listen better because listening is about information, knowledge, and wisdom.
Listen because your life depends on it.
Without deep listening, we cannot be there for our beloved.
Deep listening connects, heals, and is love.
We want to love deeply… feel deeply… and so let’s listen.
Listen with your ears – understand what they mean.
Listen with your heart – feel what they feel.
“Martha, many thanks for a lovely evening. I was amazed at how complete strangers opened up to each other in a controlled and safe environment. Enjoyed the listening experience very much.” – Mark McGeoch, 18 July 2018
P/S… every practice circle will be different! Join us and meet new friends!
Date: Tues 18 Sept 2018
Time: 7:15 – 9:30 p.m. (We will be starting at 7:30p.m. sharp. Latecomers aren’t welcomed at this event to minimise disruptions.)
Venue: Bakery & Bar. 112 Telok Ayer Street, Singapore 068581
Directions: Nearest MRT is Telok Ayer MRT (just across the street!). Followed by Raffles Place MRT.
Energy Exchange: $60 per person (includes 1 drink and finger food)
Please note that no refunds will be issued if you have paid and cannot make it for the workshop. Replacement allowed. Do check out our media policy as well.
- Who are these workshops for? – For anybody who wants to listen better.
- I don’t have a partner to come with. – This event is being offered to individuals or couples at this time so it is a non-issue. If you attend with your partner, you’d get to use the same terms/ vocabulary after the event – makes life easier! You also have the option to attend with a friend! It’s fun to learn together!
- But… I’m shy! – Don’t worry. You will never be forced to do or say anything. Many participants in the past have chosen to just sit and learn without saying a word. We respect individual choice.
- How can I persuade my partner to attend this? – Do explain that I’ve been running such events for eight years, and every single person who has attended my event has said they overcame their resistance and are glad they attended it. I suggest you encourage your partner by saying that there will be other shy people there too, and everybody attending are there to learn to improve their lives!
- Will there be nudity? – No.
- Will there be touch? – No.
- Will you be doing any hands-on demo on a person. – No.
- Do you need any live model? – No, and we are not looking.
- Can you give me a discount? – No. We have costs including for the venue + refreshments.
- Ratio of discussion to experiential? – About 50/50 percent.
- What should I bring? – A wrap or sweater in case it gets cool.
- What should I wear? – Please come wearing loose-fitting comfortable clothes so you have the option of sitting on the floor.
- What is your refund policy? – Please note that no refunds are possible once you have paid and cannot make it for the workshop. Replacement allowed.
- I am a media member. Can I attend? – We respect the privacy and confidentiality of our participants and will never allow any interview or photography. Do check out our media policy.
Questions? Email Martha here.
About Your Facilitator
Surrounded by friends who were sexually inhibited and struck by dire lack of positive conversations around sex and sexuality in Singapore, Dr. Martha Tara Lee set out to make a positive difference in embarking on her doctorate in human sexuality before launching Eros Coaching in 2009. Today, she remains dedicated to working with individuals and couples who wish to lead self-actualised and pleasure-filled lives.
She also holds certificates in counselling, coaching and sex therapy, and her fourth degree – a Masters in Counselling in May 2018. In practice for more than nine years, she is the only certified sexuality educator and certified sexuality educator supervisor by the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) in Singapore.
Often cited in the local media, Dr. Lee is the appointed sex expert for Men’s Health Singapore, and Men’s Health Malaysia. She was recognised as one of ‘Top 50 Inspiring Women Under 40′ by Her World in July 2010, and one of ‘Top 100 Inspiring Women’ by CozyCot in March 2011. She is the host of weekly radio show Eros Evolution on the OMTimes Radio Network. She has published three books: Love, Sex and Everything In-Between, Orgasmic Yoga and From Princess to Queen.
Martha works with individuals and couples in private coaching sessions, and conducts her own workshops. She takes prides in making sure all her workshops are also fun, educational, and sex-positive. This comes easily to her because even though she is extremely dedicated and serious about her work, she fundamentally believes that sex is meant to be fun, wonderful, amazing and sacred. As such, this serious light-heartedness has shone through again and again. For her full profile, click here. Email her here.