This is a list of events I hosted or conducted which counts as my achievements of the year – big and small. I first started doing these annual milestones as a way for me to keep track of my own progress, and only decided to keep doing and resharing them later.
Day/ Date What
- Feb 4 – 5: Ran first Eros Empowered series: The Art of Penis Pleasuring, The Art of Vulva Pleasuring
- Mar 1 -30 – Started releasing daily YouTube videos.
- Mar 4 – Spoke about Sexual Healing after Breast Cancer, Breast Cancer Foundation, Singapore.
- Mar 20 – 27 – Released interview series with Roger Libby, sex ed vdeos and resources as part of National Orgasm Week.
- March 15-22 – Penang Trip: Ran Love, Sex and Everything In-Between; Love Actually; The Art of Penis Pleasuring.
- March 21 – Crowdfunding for 3rd book: I Survived the 7-Year Itch.
- April 1 – 30 – Hosted 1st Clean & Clear Campaign drawing 388 members, released 14 demonstrations videos and 8 expert interviews.
- April 5 – Part of Panel of 4 on Physiological: Self-care by The Change School, Singapore.
- April 8 – Part of Panel of 3 on The Age of the Sex Drought organised by BFM 89.9 Radio Station as part of their Health & Living 2017 event in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. More here.
- April 15 – Launch of 4th online program – Tongue Twisters on oral exercises.
- May 1 – 30 – Celebrated Masturbation Month with 30-day Orgasmic Yoga journey focusing on 15mins of bliss practice per day here.
- May 1 – 7 – Released new Masturbation Month sequence for 2017 – 15 resources.
- May 3 – Launch of Martha’s own Mobile App.
- May 10 – Launch of Clean & Clear online program which contains 14 different emotional releasing techniques.
- May 14 – 21 – Released 7 new videos as part of Make Love Week in collaboration with Robyn Vogel.
- May 25 – Released Timeline on Persecution of Homosexuals in Indonesia.
- June 10 – Released 3-part video interview with James Stevenson on Sex and Spirit.
- June 10 – Published 7 Reasons Why This Sexologist Loves Sports-Themed Shows on Huffington Post
- June 12 – Interviewed on A to Z of Sex – J for Jilling Off by Dr. Lori Beth.
- June 14 – Live interview on Twitch.tv – Special Talk Show with Dr Martha Lee ~ The “S” Guru” with Jane Low.
- June 16 – Published Eat, Sleep, Watch with Netflix Sports-Themed Shows on Huffington Post
- June 22 – Published podcast interview on The Sacral Circle – Shadow Side of Sex with Janie Terrazas
- June 23 – Published 7 Signs He’s Emotionally Unavailable on Huffington Post
- June 28 – Quoted in Elite Daily for the first time: 4 Questions To Ask Your Partner About Their Sexual Health Before You Have Sex.
- June 28 – Quoted in Your Partner’s Touch Might Actually Be Able To Ease Your Pain on Bustle (a handful of times on Bustle by now)
- June 29 – Live interview on Living a Sex Positive Life with John C. Luna and Angelique Luna.
- June – Released GLBT content: Did you know there are 58 gender options?; Watch touching Pink Dot videos over the years; Infographic: LGBT movement in Singapore; Timeline: Pink Dot Movement in Singapore
- July 1- Released epic 8-Part Sex Ed Video Series with Physiotherapist Monica Donaldson
- July 8 – Became certified PREPARE/ENRICH facilitator for couples
- July 8 – Released 3-part interview series with German Sexologist Dr Jakob Pastoetter
- July 19 – Public announcement of being appointed a practitioner at The Mind Faculty, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
- July 22 – Faculty member of Certificate Course in Andrology organised Society of Men’s Health Malaysia and Society of Men’s Health Singapore in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Aug 10 – Second article published on Asian Parenting: Sexual Collapse: When You are Too Tired or Busy for Sex
- Aug 11 – 12 – Ran Eros Empowered series
- Aug 13 – First article published on Tabu: 7 Signs You Might Have Vaginismus
- Sept 24 – 30: Bali Retreat for a Couple
- Oct 9: Launched Wheel of Consent in partnership with Betty Martin – 1st AASECT CE course through Eros Coaching
- Oct 9: Part of telesummit Be Fiercely Feminine: Get Vivaciously Vulnerable and Become the Woman Great Men Can’t Resist! hosted by Lena Dolter
- Oct 9 – 10: Started seeing clients The Mind Faculty, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Oct 13: Panelist at Desert Flower movie screening on Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) organised by UNWomen Singapore and NUS. An article summarising the session is here.
- Oct 17: Third book From Princess to Queen published on Kindle.
- Oct 24: Ran Sexual Anatomy 101 for Adults at The Mind Faculty, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Oct 24: Featured in The Writer’s Life Magazine
- Nov 2: Facilitated 2-hour staff session “Life and Everything In-Between” for L’Oréal Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Nov 3: Ran Love, Life and Everything In-between at The Mind Faculty, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Nov 4 – 5: Gave three presentations at Male/ Female Sexual Dysfunctions Seminar by O&G Society of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Nov 8: The printed copies of my 3rd book From Princess to Queen delivered!
- Nov 9: Interviewed on 938Live by Eugene Low about my 3rd book From Princess to Queen.
- Nov 27: Gave talk on Common Bedroom Issues (Male/ Female Sexual Dysfunctions) at The Mind Faculty, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Dec 1: Interviewed by Living a Sex Positive Life on my third book From Princess to Queen. Listen here.
- Dec 1: Participated in Mona Darling’s 12 Days Of XXXmas Giveaway (Day 7)!
- Dec 19: Interviewed by Lucia Gabriela on my third book for her YouTube channel: From Princess to Queen
About Dr. Martha Tara Lee
Surrounded by friends who were sexually inhibited and struck by dire lack of positive conversations around sex and sexuality in Singapore, Dr. Martha Tara Lee decided to take it upon herself to right this societal injustice in 2007. She set out to make a positive difference in embarking on her doctorate in human sexuality, then launching Eros Coaching in 2009. Today, she remains dedicated to working with individuals and couples who wish to lead self-actualised and pleasure-filled lives.
She also holds certificates in counselling, coaching and sex therapy, and is currently pursuing her fourth degree – a Masters in Counselling. In practice for more than seven years, she is the only certified sexuality educator by the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) in Singapore.
Often cited in the local media, Dr. Lee is the appointed sex expert for Men’s Health Singapore, and Men’s Health Malaysia. She was recognised as one of ‘Top 50 Inspiring Women Under 40′ by Her World in July 2010, and one of ‘Top 100 Inspiring Women’ by CozyCot in March 2011. She is the host of weekly radio show Eros Evolution on the OMTimes Radio Network. She has published two books: Love, Sex and Everything In-Between, and Orgasmic Yoga.
Martha works with individuals and couples in private coaching sessions, and conducts her own workshops. She takes prides in making sure all her workshops are also fun, educational, and sex-positive. This comes easily to her because even though she is extremely dedicated and serious about her work, she fundamentally believes that sex is meant to be fun, wonderful, amazing and sacred. As such, this serious light-heartedness has shone through again and again. For her full profile, click here. Email her here.